With Spring comes the thought of getting rid of the old and bringing in the new. Whether that is cleaning house or cleaning inside of you.
Winter is a time when most people eat heavier foods and I do too. It helps us to feel warmer and we do crave more of the heavier “comfort” foods. Being less active and then eating the heavier foods can lead to – weight gain.
Time to clean things up!
5 things you can do that will help to boost your energy and get rid of the “heaviness” you may be feeling
Start where you are and focus on a step-by-step approach. Don’t give up all the foods you love all at once or go from big heavy meals to a juices, smoothies and salads. That is too fast and you probably wouldn’t stick with it. You would just give up.
Start with the awareness of how you feel right now. How are you feeling? Write it out.
Have you gained weight? How much? How does that make you feel? How has it affected you?
Now write out – how do you WANT to feel.
Take a look at what you have been eating and drinking. Be honest with yourself and write it out.
2. Have 2 Green Smoothies Every Day
Green smoothies will give you more energy (if made like below), help boost your metabolism and decrease cravings. Having 2 green smoothies a day will cut down on snacking and you won’t need to eat as much. You will not be as hungry, yet you will be getting a ton of healthy nutrients.
What are you having in your smoothies?
Your smoothie should include:
- Water – filtered if possible, get a Brita Filter
- Fruit – frozen is best and for a green smoothie I like any of these or a mix: mango, banana, strawberries, pineapple, peaches (the lighter fruits work better than the berries)
- Fresh greens – such as spinach (softest and best if you don’t have high power blender), kale, Swiss chard, collard greens, romaine lettuce.
- Super powder like a Green Powder Blend – these really boost your energy, help your body detox and add a ton of nutrients – minerals, trace minerals, protein, vitamins, antioxidants, essential fatty acids
- Hemp seeds are also great to add
- Good quality protein powder (no flavour) if you choose to include a protein powder
3. Try 1 New Healthy Recipe A Week
Have you been eating heavy foods that are dragging you down? Have you neglected the veggies and fruit?
Find 1 new recipe a week (healthy one) that you want to try and make it. I send you one each week
Remember simple things like more veggies than meat or starch. Have at least 1 salad a day and load your salad with a ton of great ingredients.
Some ingredients you could add to your salad include: chick peas, rice noodles, seeds or nuts, medjool dates, wild rice, black beans, green peas, green lentils, tofu, tempeh, broccoli – to name a few.
Make your salad more like a meal. But remember – still more greens than starch.
4. Prepare – Have Things Made & In The Fridge
Make a home-made salad dressing (store-bought ones tend to have preservatives) each week and store it in the fridge in a jar. To bring to work with your salad just pour some dressing into a glass spice jar and screw on lid tightly.
Make one dip or spread a week (I give you a ton of these in my programs) and have in the fridge to use with veggies, Mary’s Flax Crackers (store bought but good), on rice cakes, mix with quinoa or lentils, use as salad dressing and so on.
Make a batch of quinoa, rice noodles, lentils (etc) to have in the fridge and use in various ways during the week. (I show you how to do in my programs). By adding fresh ingredients with soothing you have made in the fridge and some ingredients you have in your pantry.
When you know what to stock in your pantry and how to combine the fresh foods, with prepared foods in fridge and with the items in your pantry – that is when healthy eating IS SIMPLE. (in my program this is exactly what you learn – and it become effortless to you. Imagine how great that would be!. Click here for info)
This will take away the stress of not knowing what to eat or having nothing to eat when you get home after a busy day.
5. Have 1 Really Clean Eating Day A Week
Pick a day during the week that you eat really clean.
Maybe just smoothies, juices and water. Or one day of eating all raw foods. Or one day of eating nothing but fruits and veggies (cooked or raw) along with smoothies and juices.
For the other days of the week, just work on making the vegetables the largest portion of your meal.
And remember – it is NOT about being perfect.
When I was writing this (Saturday night) I enjoying some Coconut Bliss Dark Chocolate Frozen Dessert (like ice cream but made with coconut milk). Enjoy your treats too.
Enjoy a glass of wine, enjoy some chocolate and a good cup of coffee – to me those are little pleasures that I enjoy and do not feel the need to give up. It’s all about moderation.
- Add broccoli to pan with a bit of water
- Cover and cook broccoli slightly
- Add buckwheat and more water if needed
- Cover with lid and heat all
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped avocado
- Then add a drizzle with:
- Olive oil, lemon juice and tamari
HEALTH, HAPPINESS, PASSION & PURPOSE
With Love, Diana
10 Weeks Can Change Your Life - Are You Ready?
- You will have a ton more energy, you will know what foods work for you and will feel Motivated and Inspired
- Your allergies, headaches, congestion, aches and pains and digestive problems – will be gone or greatly decreased.
- You will have more time for you (we work on this during the program)
- Your moods will improve, you will feel happier. You will be more confident and in control.
- You will be able to stop the weight gain, lose some belly fat and have way more energy.