I know most of you have green smoothies every single morning – right? I hope so if you are not – START!!
But then what do you have? Or are you too busy and don’t eat until lunch and by that time you are starving…. Well, don’t do that! I have a GREAT breakfast idea for you and it doesn’t take long at all – once you have a couple things prepped…
It is so, so very good and filling – yes, it will keep you satisfied for a while… So how to make it
GRANOLA BREAKFAST BOWL WITH HOME-MADE HEMP MILK
I also give you the recipe for the salad dressing I talked about in the video – the one made with veggies – yes, veggies – try it! (Recipe below)
Below I wrote out how to make the granola. I didn’t measure the ingredients for the granola but it seriously does not matter. Also you can use whatever ingredients you like and leave out what you don’t. It is that simple.
And….you DO NOT have to toast it – you CAN HAVE IT RAW. Like I mention in the video – I just made this morning because at the coffee shop in Mexico they made their own and it was so good so I was craving it again – take me back to Mexico!!
MAKING THE GRANOLA
Oven at 325
In the picture above – that is a smaller batch. I just emptied out my fridge so that is what I had. Starting with a smaller batch is not bad as after you make it you can see if there is anything you would like to change, etc.
On a cookie sheet add a mixture of:
- Oat flakes (or any flake or flake mix)
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Walnuts (I just added these as I had some)
- Mix with hands and spread evenly on cookie sheet. Drizzle some sweetener (you can leave this out if you want).
- For a sweetener I warmed up (to thin them) some honey and coconut nectar. You can also use agave or maple syrup. I then drizzled some over the mixture and mixed it up with my hands and then spread it out again.
- Place in oven and watch it. Maybe 20 minutes or less…The outer edges will cook the fastest to remove those bits that are already golden. Then stir and flip mixture and place back in oven until the rest of it is lightly toasted.
** I suggest adding coconut after as it burns really fast. Let cool and store in a paper bag or a jar with lid.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
In a breakfast bowl – add the granola, some raw oats, nuts and seeds, ground flax, chia gel, blueberries, chopped dried figs (or another dried fruit if you wish), sprouted buckwheat (dehydrated or not, but optional), hemp seeds. Add anything else you want in there – bananas, goji berries, etc.
Add hemp milk (recipe below) and enjoy!!
HOW TO PREP SO THIS IS FAST IN THE MORNING
- Make granola – make a large batch and either freeze some or put some in a paper bag (so doesn’t get soft) or a glass jar with lid and store in fridge
- In a smaller jar (or bowl or bag) add the granola and raw granola (oats, nuts, seeds, coconut, etc) – add enough for one serving.
- In a glass bowl/container in fridge have some blueberries thawed with some chia gel in it – mix of blueberries & chia gel
- Have your hemp milk made and stored in a jar in the fridge
So those things are ready in the fridge and in the morning you can just put the ingredients together and enjoy at home or bring with you!
NOTE TO YOU: If you like the way I have done the pics and recipes below I am going to also put them on my Facebook Page Raw Foods Made Simple and you can then share them. My vision and mission is to have everyone trying, loving and eating healthier food!
CREAMY HEMP MILK
Blend the ingredients in a blender and store in a jar or other glass container with lid. For about 3-4 days.
In the video I also showed you a cool way of making nutritious salad dressings that taste good and are loaded with nutrition and yes, vegetables! Here is the recipe of the one I made. I used my Nutri-bullet which is high speed so it blends the veggies really well.
Try this dressing with various veggies and ingredients and season it differently. Be creative. Sometimes it turns out fantastic and sometimes – ahhh….not so good. But you will learn. So don’t be scared to be bold and creative!! Use up leftover ingredients in your fridge. Great way to use fresh herbs too.
Hope you enjoyed getting back to some recipes for How To Thursdays!
I loved talking about the mind stuff while I was in Mexico as I do believe it is crucial when living a healthy lifestyle.
If you missed signing up for the Clean Body/Clean Mind Video Series I did in Mexico – it is not too late (it is free) and you can SIGN UP HERE.
LIVE HEALTHY & HAPPY!
Spring is here and time to cleanse!! Time to clean up! Because I want you to FEEL YOUR BEST come and join the 10 Day Clean Eating Cleanse Program which is starting up on Monday, April 21st. 10 Days to feel fantastic!! CHECK OUT MORE INFO HERE