Crackers were something I always loved. But if you ever pick up a package of crackers and read the ingredients you will see that they are FULL of preservatives, flours, sugars and colours – oh ya. Something that could be so simple is so full of JUNK!!
So what can you do when you want that light, crispy taste and snack (and you don’t yet have a dehydrator). Voila! You make these vegan gluten-free crackers I show you how to make in the video below. I highly suggest you watch the video as they are a bit different to make and I don’t write out all the directions in the recipe under the video – just the recipe. Get the “HOW-TO” put them together and spread and back – by watching the video.
VEGAN GLUTEN-FREE CRACKERS (baked)
Like I mentioned above – please watch video for the instructions, the how-to so you make them right the first time. Thanks!
** The measurements for ground flax and buckwheat is measurement after ground.
- 3 Tbsp oat mix (could include quinoa flakes and oat flakes or just oats)
- 3 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbsp psyllium husk (could replace with ground flax)
- 1 Tbsp ground chia (grind in coffee grinder or Nutribullet)
- 1 Tbsp ground flax
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp stevia
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp ground buckwheat (grind in coffee grinder or NutriBullet)
- 3 Tbsp sprouted buckwheat (could replace with seeds such as sunflower or sesame)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp whole flax seeds
- 1 Tbsp whole oats
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar (or another sweetener)
- About 5 Tbsp water (add less, stir and add until desired consistently)
Mix ingredients really well and get to the consistency that can be spread – not too thick or thin (you can see in the video).
Spread on parchment paper, put on cookie sheet and bake between 325-350 for about 30 minutes, take out, score into squares, back in oven and then follow directions I talk about in the video.
I would love to hear how they turn out for you! Please do not give up if they don’t work perfect the 1st time. Play with thickness and recipe until you get them right – it is worth it!
LIVE HEALTHY & HAPPY!