Each morning I have been eating this breakfast and I have been loving it.
Cinnamon Apple Chia Chunks
- 1 Apple (my fav is delicious apples) Cut into small chunks (better for chewing and digestion)
- 3-4 tsp chia gel (or more)
- 1 tsp ground flax, or more (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (or more I love it!)
I put this in a glass storage container and bring it to work. I add a bit of water to it and let it sit and then eat it when i am ready. It is filling, contains protein, omega oils, vitamins, minerals – great way to start the day!
The next snack recipe I have for you is a great cookie that is made with pecans, coconut, cacao and dates – people LOVE this one and so do I! I really like the taste of dates, pecans and coconut combined. You don’t even need the cacao on this one.
Chocolate Pecan Coconut Cookies
- 1 C pecans (soaked)
- 1/2 C coconut
- 2 heaping Tbsp Cacao
- 4 dates + 1/2 tsp agave (depends on how sweet you want it)
- 2 Tbsp cacao nibs (optional)
- 1/2 C combined dried cherries & cranberries, soaked (or just one of them)
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Dash of salt
- A bit of soak water from cherries/cranberries (soaked them for maybe 20 min, you don’t have to)
Grind pecans up in food processor, add dates and process some more. When sticky and you can pinch into ball, add other ingredients and process until mixture starts to form a ball. May need to stir a couple of times, adding a bit of soak water if needed. You can also add some melted coconut butter for creamy texture and flavour.
Form into whatever shape you want. Last night I formed into balls, then flattened them and then put 1/2 pecan on top. Enjoy!!
This is an afternoon snack idea that I just love.
Quick Avocado Tomato Guacamole
- 1/2 avocado
- 7 or so grape tomatoes
- 1 tsp or more of braggs or nama shoyu (unpasteurized soy sauce that is not that salty)
- bit of lemon juice (optional)
Cut the avocado into small chunks, cut grape or cherry tomatoes in half or smaller, add the braggs, tamari or nama shoyu and mix! That is it
You can also put this in a lettuce leaf and eat – so good!
Spread it on a flax cracker
Add on top of a bed of lettuce or sprouts
Add into a salad and mix so it becomes the salad dressing
Try some of these and let me know how you like them.
I would love to hear your favourite snack idea – keep it simple!!